How are you?
About DADS THAT FAIL
Dads That Fail is a blog created to provide tips, dad hacks and other relevant content for the newbie dad. My posts are reflections from beginner’s mistakes I’ve made while raising my son whether it was folding his swaddle the wrong way, failing at potty training a few times or even baby gear that were a complete waste of money. Content on this site is mainly for dads who are actively involved in their child’s upbringing and want to learn from other dad’s mistakes.
Usually fathers are portrayed as someone who is not present or not around for most parenting hurdles. This blog aims to hopefully change that narrative.
I’m Srikanth. I started this blog in 2020 with the intent of posting recipes for other dads like me who were dealing with an extremely picky toddler having weight issues. It was stressful watching my son not like anything I cooked for him, no matter how imaginative I got with sneaking in the veggies.
Cooking wasn’t the only thing I was failing at then. I tried countless products and techniques to help with other aspects of parenting and have since been able to learn a lot.
If you’re a frustrated but motivated dad like I was, you’ve probably realized that a lot of existing content on the internet is predominantly mom focused. Hopefully you benefit from some of my tried and tested techniques. Happy Parenting!
Some Random Facts
- I was born in India but now live in the USA
- My favorite color is Blue
- I have one kid with another on the way
- My son’s name is inspired by two Star Wars characters
- My wife and I have been married four times (to each other)
- My name is pronounced Shree-caan-th
- This family picture was taken for our 2020 holiday greetings – sometimes you have to go with the flow 🙂